Where in the World will Katie be with BeerSox in January?
Following is the current plans, which will fill out as the month continues!
Wednesday, January 9, 5:30-7:30 pm at Brewery Incubator Bottle Share
Friday, January 11, 5-7 pm at Karbach Brewing Company Tour
Saturday, January 12, noon – 3 pm at Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company Tour
Saturday, January 12, 4-8 pm I’ll be present (maybe won’t have a table set up) at Brewery Incubator for the Warlocks: Games & Beer Event Tickets Here
I may add more, so check the Events calendar for events that say “BeerSox at”
Speaking of Brewery Incubator
They are running a kickstarter campaign to help raise funds for their project.
Here’s a bit more about them!
Mission: We are creating the world’s first brewery incubator to foster the development of craft breweries and industry innovation by providing a pilot facility, support network and audience accessible to all aspiring brewers.
Vision: We seek to extend the success of the Kitchen Incubator model, directly involved in the successful full launch of nearly a dozen companies in just under two years, to the brewers.
When brewers graduate to their own brewery, they will have all of the tools necessary to succeed – a built in customer base, established brand and industry connections, all the while having a great time and drinking some amazing beer.
We plan to host brewing classes, community brew days, homebrew competitions and general craft beer education outreach to the broader community.
- Create a permitted professional brewery and brewpub sales outlet for aspiring brewers
- Provide a world class destination brewpub to the Houston, TX area (this is truly world class, as there is nothing like this concept in existence)
- Foster innovation and creativity in the craft brewing industry by providing a low risk environment for adventurous brewing and collaboration
- Implement entrepreneurial development programming for the craft brewing industry
- Organize and host events to support member brewers and the local brewing community, helping to educate on craft beer and the importance of supporting local small businesses
Where we are right now:
Our brewery is located inside Kitchen Incubator at 907 Franklin St. in historic downtown. We have a brewery with a 1/2 bbl SABCO, temperature controlled fermentation room, walk-in beer cooler, and a beautiful storefront tap room with views of the downtown skyline (see Cafe Luz).
What we need to open:
A Kickstarter Campaign to help with licensing costs, tap system and additional equipment, build-out of our taps and finalize equipment set-up and licensing. Our goal is to raise at least $25k by January 25, 2013 for opening shortly after.
Community Memberships will be available through our Kickstarter. Brewers of any experience level may apply for an Aspiring Brewer Membership and experienced brewers seeking to launch a brewery or brewpub start-up may apply for a full Brewer Membership to start licensed production and selling their beer.